Thursday, February 7, 2013

Will it Back to Existence

It's been over two whole years since I last posted on this page and boy aren't things different now. I wouldn't even know where to begin. It would appear that in many regards my life has gotten worse but at the same time there have been positive elements. The last time I wrote I just entered college and now I'm here during my final semester waiting for it to come to an end. Did the optimism die out? Do I now realize how bleak the world truly is? Have I changed for the better? Or have I changed at all? I don't know the answers to any of those questions, at least not right now. This blog was meant to be my sanctuary, where I could speak my mind, destressify, post about my friends and loved ones, try to inspire the ones I could and learn from the ones who could teach. What happened? Am I the one to blame for all of life's misfortunes or was this all inevitable; a result of fighting an endless battle. The truth is, I don't know anymore. Who am I? What is my quest? We're all trying to figure out this thing called life but we sometimes lose ourselves in the process. Not only ourselves but also some of the most precious things that we care about. I've lost quite a bit and I don't think I can ever get them back. Some I have lost, gained with such fervor but only to lose again with no hint of such a possibility, and land in a position even worse than before. There are things that you never see coming, the blows so deadly that their effects are realized only when months have strayed from the aftermath.

There are some things you think about daily
Ones that niggle at your being
Cannot be brushed off for they are you
A(n) (un)wanted essence once crept in
And burrowed deep within
I imagine those things
See them as clear as morning wisps
And as ethereal to the touch
The sun is bright but cannot move you
To the sounds of the dancing rifts
Its music felt; life's force strengthens

1 comment: