Sunday, September 5, 2010

A new volume....

So I haven't written a blog in quite a while and my life then compared to now is quite different. Currently surrounded by well, new surroundings, people, temperature and it is to some extent a bit overwhelming but (8)I know I can make it through(8).
Left my Helen of the West on August 22nd and now I've been living it up in the Windy City. I left my family, friends, close loved ones behind because well, life demanded that I do. Read a quote once which said that human beings are the only animals that allow their offspring to return to the nest and so I'm waiting to get back someday. Will see them all again soon enough. SO right now, just have to do what I came here to do, gain a world recognized degree from one of the top ranked schools in America, make myself and my family proud, as well as my native homeland. Really and truly that's what we all came here for, to experience something new, to once again put our country on the world map, no longer obscured by the perceived splendor of ReggaeIsle, OilLand or LittleBritain. There is much more to us than sand, sea and sun and we are here to prove it. Won't be easy but I believe we have the capacity to do it and being together puts us at an even greater advantage because we'll be able to complement each other. The strong help the weak in their area of expertise and vice versa. I hope this feeling of family does not change, ever.
I mean I like my little merry band, we'll be fine and they are all nice people although with varying levels of sociability. I'll always say that it would've been a bit better and a whole of a lot more interesting if certain people were able to come here as well but maybe this way is meant to be for some reason. While I live my life here, they too will live theirs elsewhere and aggregately we'll learn and grow from each others experiences. I just hope that we all grow for the better and that the good is us does not metamorphose or disappear completely. Although we aren't able to hang out like before or just talk as regularly I still foresee being great friends with all my past friends, the bond will only continue to develop.
So for now while I continue a chemistry assignment with the air condition serenading my skin, just know that this will be updated regularly, well as long as I get the time. College life will be fun, difficult, stressful and entertaining and details will be shared in due time...So welcome, ladies and gents to collegeLife Volume 1

1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up. Remember why you came. I like your view on things. This little post made me smile.

    Hope you come out on top of everything at the end of all of this. You deserve it.

    And you'll see those you left behind soon enough. It's a lot to look forward to

    ReplyDelete