Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To BLog Or NOt to BLog?

I'm not one to willingly inscribe my thoughts on paper in fact, I tend to keep all feelings bottled in. All my life I've been reticent, introverted, stoic, only speaking when spoken to and really and truly keeping up with this blog will be a milestone. Right now I'm not even sure if I'll be able to. I've spent my lifetime building up this wall and doing this will at the very least produce a few fractures. But why do this? I don't know, honestly. Time for a change? I've been reading a friend's blog, and she said that writing helps her vent; makes sense. Releasing your stress on digital paper is a good avenue to do so and I have a tonne of stress to unload. Currently writing this thing at work and the radio is not helping the thinking process.
Another realization is that this blog need not follow any logic. I can write whatever I want, whenever I want without the dictatorship of a parent, teacher or boss laying down any rules. I have never had this much power before. I shouldn't even be thinking about this, just writing whatever pops up but limits are still required. This is the internet and anybody can read this, anybody!! I still need to maintain my suave, cool, intelligent demeanor. I might actually let people read this one day.
I called the blog "Placidity" because of its definition; the state of being pleasantly calm or peaceful; unruffled; tranquil; serenely quiet or undisturbed. I like calming things. Life should be placid. One should be relaxed and this blog is my way of helping me do that and perhaps others too. We are forgetting to enjoy life, to stop and just revel in the beauty of it all. I could spend hours just watching vistas, smiling to myself while thinking " this is truly remarkable, God is wonderful". Tired of hearing people seeking God through many ill-means or trying to be Him, when opening your eyes is proof in itself that He exists. I think I'll post innumerable photos of vistas and overall "pretty" things perhaps even a few people.
Being reticent, I've spent my life observing people, listening to them. I like to see people interacting in their "habitats". Sometimes I prefer to see myself on the outside with everybody else "in" and that I am only here to witness and help if I can. A man smiling has found the cure of all malice / laughter and smiles are the world's panaceas. Just thought of that and it does make sense. The ability to be happy is a powerful thing and to have a smile even in the face of immense adversity is one of man's greatest tools.
You must of realized that I am a very optimistic person and in this world one has to be. Hence the entire theme of Placidity. If I am to be a 'realist' then I wouldn't go far in life. A fervent belief in a higher being or in my case God automatically makes one an optimist; someone with a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome and I would gladly take that position over the antithesis any day. Perhaps a bit of history about me would get you to understand why I am what I am, but that will come up in a future post.
So I guess I actually have a reason to blog; very nice!
This might be interesting after all.
Pleasant day fellow world-dwellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment